Monday, November 16, 2009

How do you make linked information move to correspond with a sort in excel?

I have a secondary group of information that is linked to my main group of information. I want to sort my main group of info, but when I do, the secondary group of info does not change the cells which they are linked to, to reflect the sort. For example the main info was in cell A1 and the reference in the secondary info was for cell A1. After the sort, the main info was in cell B2, but the reference in the secondary info was still for cell A1. How can I make the reference follow the information after the sort?

How do you make linked information move to correspond with a sort in excel?
You have to make sure the things you have in both columns are value not formulas


1. Highlight both column and copy and paste special, value,


2. Now after paste special, you might loose you format on date or color of text or comment, just do 1. again with format, comment etc instead of value


3. Do the sort again, sure you will have the secondary info sorted as well.
Reply:Like sort both columns on column A


No comments:

Post a Comment