Friday, April 16, 2010

ODBC - Update on a linked table failed - error code 3157.?

Hello Gurus,





I have a system that runs a MSAccess front end with an SQL backend.





one form in my program adds a value to a field in a table in multiple rows as selected by the user.





My program works great on my laptop but when I install it on a server, It is not able to handle many rows - it gives this error -





ODBC - Update on a linked table failed - error code 3157.





Please help me!





Thanks in advance!

ODBC - Update on a linked table failed - error code 3157.?
Perhaps you have outdated or incorrect ODBC drivers on your server machine. Go to Start | Run and type





odbcad32.exe





Press ok. Check to see if you have the same DSNs (data source names) on both machines, and also the same ODBC drivers. You're probably missing one on the server machine that the laptop has installed. Just a thought. Hope it helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment