Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Re: Bands linked to Mindless Self Indulgence. Where should I start when listening to them?

Sorry, not sure how else to word it, but I adore Mindless Self Indulgence and am thinking of giving bands linked to them in any way a go. BUT... which song and/or album should I start off with for the following?





The Birthday Massacre


Morningwood (I've heard Take Off Your Clothes and like it)


Front 242


ยต-Ziq


Madgroove


Side 3


Pull


Rhys Fulber


DJ Cam


Kid Rock


Michael Patterson


State of Bengal


Infrastructure


KMFDM


Haujobb


Greg Pooled


Noise Unit


Velvet Acid Christ


Assemblage 23


Combichrist


Funker Vogt


Front Line Assembly


Punketta Doilie


Infrastructure


Ulrich Wild


VNV Nation


Tommie Sunshine


Suicide City


ProCon


The Perfects


Julien-K (I know This Machine and like it)


Kenny Muhammed, The Human Orchestra


Slick Rick and Doug-E Fresh


Spider





I know there are TONS of artists here (lots of them rather obscure), but I looked at MSI's discography and grabbed names of everyone who's ever worked with them.





I'm asking again for more and better answers (I hope!)

Re: Bands linked to Mindless Self Indulgence. Where should I start when listening to them?
most of that stuff is NOTHING like MSI. Lots of them are DJs that just remix MSI songs.





Their own actual music is very different. I would start by listening to all of the MSI remix CDs (Straight to video, Bitches/Molly, Shut Me Up), and see which mixes you like.





I love MSI, and have 10 of their CDs, and I hate most of the remixes.





muZiq is pretty good though, and so is Kenny Muhammed.
Reply:I'd say MCR to start of with since they supported them on their tour so they've gotta be similar. Durrr


No comments:

Post a Comment